Our colleagues from EcoSan Club Austria recently published issue no. 6 of the popular Sustainable Sanitation Practice (SSP) magazine – a journal also available as a PDF which is highly recommend as it provides collected first hand experiences from the international sustainable sanitation scene.
SSP should fill a gap that we have identified in the last few years in which sustainable sanitation has become an important issue that is discussed among many disciplines. For SSP a sanitation system is sustainable when it is not only economically viable, socially acceptable and technically and institutionally appropriate, but it should also protect the environment and the natural resources. (src)
Issue no. 6 covers the topic “Toilets”, with reports from Central and South Asia, East Africa and South America on Urine-Diverting Dry Toilets (UDDTs). Download (PDF; 3.2 MB)
- Issue 5 (Oct 2010) “Sanitation as a Business” (PDF; 2.2 MB)
- Issue 4 (Jul 2010) “The ROSA project” (PDF; 2.3 MB)
- Issue 3 (Apr 2010) “Use of Urine” (PDF; 1.4 MB)
- Issue 2 (Jan 2010) “Operating & Maintenance – Successful Models for O&M of Sanitation Systems” (PDF; 1,7 MB)
- Issue 1 (Oct 2009) “Greywater – Treatment and reuse” (PDF; 2.2 MB)